Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dreaming of a Yoga Mat


The intermittent search finally ended. There are no easy ways to find yoga mats to buy in Vienna, and the towel I've been using on the wooden floor was a drastic last measure. An angel led me on a walk to a serendipitous encounter, a sign for the Sivananda Yoga Center, pointing the way through a courtyard, up a funky elevator, and into the friendly shop. Behold, an array of colorful yoga mats, including saffron-colored biologic ones that decompose. Now I have a way to balance indulgences, and will be embellishing my asanas with the powerful, overtone-laden throat singing of my friend Gary Hassay (soon to be released for public consumption). I share with you my new teal-colored mat relaxing and ready for action, on the beautiful wood floors in the apartment here.

No comments: