Thursday, April 24, 2008

Au Natural in Stadtpark


Walking through one of the nearby parks earlier this month, I happened upon this clever sculpture of a girl hugging a tree...a playful side of the Viennese not often revealed. The just barely warm sunshine today made it difficult to stay indoors, so I treated myself to a walk past the Lower Belvedere, perusing the volumes on Klimt, Kokoschka, and Schiele in the gift store. I'm saving a visit to the gardens and the grand interiors of Belvedere to share with Yvonne when she's around one weekend. On the way out of the complex, I discovered the Lower Belvedere cafe, sequestered up a flight of concrete stairs...with two English language newspapers, no smoking, and prompt service...oh, joy...and close to our apartment---yet another temptation just down the street.

No comments: